Hi, I’m Xiyan, a second-year Math and Computer Science undergrad student at UC San Diego. Currenly, I’m tutoring introductory CS classes at my college, and I’m also doing research with Dr. Tsung-Ting Kuo on biomedical informatics. Previously, I interned as a software engineer at PingCAP, focusing on the TiDB community infrastructures front-end,
Interested in a wide range of topics in Computer Science, I’m always looking for new challenges. Some of my previous projects/experiences include:
- (2021 winter break) Nup: A markup language with syntax similar a combination of TeX and Markdown, which can be compiled to HTML
- (2021 winter break) Nax: Personal implementation for the tree walk interpreter for Lox from the book. Crafting Interpreters.
- (2021 fall) CSE 20 Discrete Mathematics Tutor for Prof. Mia Minnes.
- (2021 summer and forward) CORE Library: Working on improving the Connected and Open Research Ethics platform by developing web applications.
- (2021 summer) Weeklify: A full stack recurrent events calendar and management tool based on React & Node.js.
- (2021 spring) DefIt NLP: Trained a BiLSTM-CRF model for Complex Word Identification and fine-tuned BERT for lexical simplification towards a product of an intelligent reading assistant for ESL learners.
Some of my course work includes:
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Compiler Construction
- Theory of Computability
- Programming Languages: Principles and Paradigms
- Computer Organization and Systems Programming
- Deep Learning for Natural Language Understanding
- (and 14+ A+ courses mostly on CS and Math)
This site documents the personal projects that I am working on and shares the notes on things I’m learning. If you would like to get in touch please use Telegram or email me at [my first name]128 at outlook dot com.